Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Music Marketing Post 2

   As I explained on the last post for the music marketing project I already knew who I wanted to work with since the last project went really well for us together, meaning the hard part of choosing your partners had been simplified. As soon as we got together we made a schedule where we outlined the specific things we needed to do and be done with on certain days working in class. We began the project itself by researching both Columbia and Republic Records, more specifically building n in depth analysis of Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, Adele, and The Weeknd. 

   In the next class, we worked on our storyboard as well as do some brainstorming for the song we had chosen to go with, Adele's 2015 hit "Send My Love." Coming up with a concept was actually fairly difficult. Even though we knew we wanted to do a story we did not want to make it a cringey video or make it too literal to what the lyrics was saying. After coming up with the base of everything, we drew the storyboard and began working on the presentation itself. 

   The next few classes we only worked on the Canva presentation. Ohh the last class to work though, as well as working on the presentation, we started talking about where we would do the filming since doing it in school would not work. Estefania offered to use her uncle's house as well as her brother and we chose Saturday morning to film everything. That day everything went by really quickly since we all had tons of fun, however, we were getting a lot done and everyone was contributing ideas of different aspects of the filming such as angles, shots, etc. After finishing, Luisa began editing since she had all the footage on her camera while the rest of us finished with what was left of the presentation. 

   Overall, I think this project helped when it comes to better communicating and contributing with others in order to create something much bigger than what you can do on your own. I learned that putting your ideas out there for others to hear is crucial when it comes to teamwork and getting a good result. Also, making a schedule is very helpful to get organized and further communicate with others better. For the Cambridge portafolio, I learned that I should not be afraid to think outside the box and always try my best so that everything I do reflects my morals and who I am as a person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...