Sunday, March 26, 2023

More info and good details!

    Hey blog! Today I thought it would be nice to take my time and talk a little about the production overall. Before anything though, I do want to let you know that the storyboard is completed and I will post  the rest tomorrow, however, I couldn't finish filming everything. Me and my dad were able to get most of it done but we still need to figure out a way to record the attack scene with only the shadows. Maybe we can use a blanket and put some lights to make it realistic but don't worry, I'll let you know tomorrow because we will finally finish and wrap up everything so I can begin editing. A challenge me and my dad faced was definitely the fact that we had to wait until nighttime to be able to record the videos since everything takes place at night obviously and my dasd gets home late from work. Thankfully, the process has been very smooth and surprisingly quite easy. The location used was my room which sounds easy enough, however, I had to clean a lot of stuff out to get the room more plain and let me tell you I have a lot of stuff in my room. I wanted the space for the props I had made that day. Through research I found that to help with sleep paralysis individuals take anti-depressants since one of the main causes for this sleep condition is anxiety, stress, lack of sleep and you guessed it, depression. Thankfully the websites I saw had names of specific drugs/ medication utilized in these cases so what I did was photoshop a label and tape it onto some pill boxes I have in my house. They look like this:



   I also saw a pill box that aids with depression that was decorated with happy faces (a little weird not gonna lie) but I thought it would be a nice contrast to add overall. To show lack of sleep I put some makeup to imitate baggy eyes and for the costume, I just wore a large hoodie with black sweats, but the color of the hoodie, light blue, was used to symbolize depression and sadness overall. Well here you go blog! A little insight on how it is going. Tomorrow I will finish the last scene I am missing to begin editing and I will provide more pictures and behind the scenes so don't worry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...