Friday, March 31, 2023

Reflection after production!

    Well hello there everyone. Today you are in for a treat because I wanted to take some time to do some reflection in regards to the production of the video overall before I move on and begin to discuss the process of the CCR (be happy because the is a longer post haha).

    To be completely honest with you, this is my first project in this class where I am actually working on my own for a big project like this which was a little scary at first but as time went by I managed to get more comfortable and feel more confident with my skills. Both of my parents were awesome and I wouldn't have been able to complete basically anything without their help so for that I will always be super grateful. 

   One big challenge we encountered when we began filming was the footage itself. On the first day, as I explained on a previous post, we used an old (relatively professional) camera my dad has but literally never uses. The next day when we downloaded that footage onto the computer, we realized it was honestly way too dark and blurry meaning we had to start over again but this time using the phone camera. Also, the fact that I thought I could only film at night freaked me out a little since at nighttime I didn't really want to bother my parents so much because like, they need to rest too you know, so in order to get rid of that issue my mom came up with one of the smartest ideas in the history of ideas. Wrapping my window with wrapping paper. I even took a picture for you to see how it looks because to this day, I have NOT removed it off the window. My room is too bright in the mornings so I simply refuse to get rid of it.

(yes, the only kind of wrapping paper we had was Christmas themed and when we ran out I had to use a heart themed one. 10/10 would recommend if your room is bright like mine)

   Another big problem we faced, maybe the worst one, was lighting. Yes, figuring out how to get a good and clear shot while dark on an iPhone camera was absolutely HORRIBLE  because if we used the flash of another phone the shadow was too predominant on the shot so, after many emotional breakdowns, I had the idea to find a YouTube video of a white screen that lasts like 24 hours. Perfect, problem fixed. 

   Anyway, after filming for like 3 days straight the real challenge started. EDITING. I had edited things before but never something quite as important as this project so honestly, I was frightened. I spent quite literally HOURS and HOURS and HOURS editing but thankfully it all went quite smoothly. For the foley I just hid inside my parents walk in closet like a weirdo and just sat there in the quietness recording the clicking of a pen repeatedly.  

   Well blog, I think that this is more than enough content for today. Thanks for sticking around and listening. We're on the last stretch now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...