Thursday, February 16, 2023

First Day Research!

   In class today we decided if we were working in groups or if we were doing this individually. On my last post I explained how undecided I was since me and the group work really well together. However, over the weekend I thought really hard about it and came to the conclusion that doing it on my own is best. In order to be successful in the final product, I need to do a lot of research to find inspiration first which is why today I did some research of good film openings to get more ideas. 


   I found multiple examples on the following video here


   On said video, a variety of film openings were shown. However, out of all the openings I decided to do further research on two which are the "Guardians of the Galaxy" film by James Gunn in 2014 and "American Psycho" by Mary Barron in 2000. For the Guardians of the Galaxy intro, I love how with no dialogue, the character's personality is showcased to perfection. As soon as it begins, we may think the character is mysterious from his entrance, however, the music accompanied with his dance moves, and his attempt at lip syncing reveals the man is carefree and untroubled. When it comes to the American Psycho intro, even though the actual opening credits is slow paced, the interesting part to focus on is definitely the morning routine of the man because as well as in Guardians of the Galaxy we find out everything we need to know about the character which is that he is an empty man who lacks empathy or feelings overall. I think this is extremely crucial for my project because in order to have an impactful opening scene I have to find a way to thoroughly develop a character and their personality in a two minute time frame. 


Guardians of the Galaxy opening here

American Psycho morning routine part here


   I will definitely do more research on other openings because I find it extremely helpful for development of the scene itself. This way, when the time comes, I will be happy with my results. 


Anyway here are all of the sources used for the research!

  • WatchMojo.com. “Top 20 Best Opening Movie Scenes Ever.” YouTube, 25 Sept. 2021, www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwqsTyYeqsA.
  • OutOfTimeMan. “Guardians of the Galaxy [Intro Dance Scene] 1080p HD.” YouTube, 26 Nov. 2014, www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iw0FEaB9E4.
  • Movieclips. “Morning Routine - American Psycho (1/12) Movie CLIP (2000) HD.” YouTube, 15 Mar. 2012, www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjKNbfA64EE.








No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...