Friday, February 17, 2023

More Genre Research!

   Since I need to start coming up with solid ideas for my video, I think some genre research would be a really helpful place to start working. For now, in my mind I think the best genres to act upon according to the resources I have are either drama, horror, or thriller which are the options I have narrowed down to. 


   When it comes to drama, I found a really cool article here which talks about how the success of drama films mainly comes from the fact that they are all based on aspects everyone can relate to like tropes taking place at home, the office, school, etc. Also, the article explained how characters featured on dramas are always dealing with some sort of issue with the world that surrounds them which is a big reason as to why they are always so interesting to people. Some examples include films such as "The Social Network" and "Hidden Figures" where we see the conflict I explained previously. In relation to horror films, I found my information here and said article explained how horror movies serve as an outlet for individuals to escape their reality and place all their focus and anxieties exclusively on the film. Lastly, I did some research on thriller films through this article here which describes how the thriller genre gets your audience to think, feel shock and so many other emotions at once. 


   Thanks to the research, I learned that for the final project I need something that really stands out. Even though I still do not have a solid idea yet, the research helped me understand that to get a stronger final product, though only using one genre, I could make sure to use some aspects from each of the genres I looked up today such as creating relatability/ good characters, some sort of conflict/ suspense, and something that can make my audience think "what is going on" but in the best way possible. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...