Saturday, February 18, 2023

Parasite Analysis

    The research yesterday kind of opened my eyes to the fact that I want to do a thriller for my opening. I think thrillers are the best way to keep people watching from the very beginning because they are so puzzling, and since the goal for the intro is to do something interesting for the audience, making a thriller opening will allow me to accomplish this more easily. 


   Today, to continue the research I want to talk about one of my personal favorite thrillers that I have ever watched (if not the best) and that is none other than the 2019 film by Bong Joon Ho "Parasite." I absolutely love this movie, and there are so many things that make it great overall. One of these aspects is the development of the main characters of the film. Nowadays movies that have multiple main characters truly leave me very disappointed because their lack of development ruins the movie. However, the opposite occurs in Parasite since everyone is unique and the audience truly gets to see and experience all the crazy different situations they all live through which allowed for audiences to connect with these characters as well as enjoy the movie even more. Also, another thing I really enjoy about this movie is that  the plot twist towards the very end shocks everyone leaves people wondering who the real parasites of the movie actually are. The shots, cinematography, set design, props, costume design, etc. are all beautifully done, however, my favorite thing about this entire movie is surprisingly the symbolism of stairs. Yes, believe it or not staircases were crucial in this film as they, in short words, represented both the ascension to a beautiful and luxurious world and the descent to a completely opposite one. 


   Though I am just doing an opening, I want to be able to use a few of the aspects this beautiful movie created in order to make mine great overall. Parasite has taught me that for my project character development and situational occurrences, music, composition, editing, and symbolism are all things I need to include in order to be even more successful at my job. 


   Anyway, click here or maybe here to check out the resources I read from!


   I leave you with a picture of the cover for Parasite because let's be honest, it is amazing and we all love it. 


   Link to picture here :)


Parasite (2019) - IMDb


Sources: 

-IMDb.com. (2019, November 8). Parasite. IMDb. Retrieved February 18, 2023, from https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/ 

-A peek inside the homes in Bong Joon-ho's parasite. South China Morning Post. (2020, February 21). Retrieved February 18, 2023, from https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/tech-design/article/3051568/parasite-how-director-bong-joon-ho-used-staircases 

-Rivera, J. (2020, February 9). 10 reasons why parasite is so excellent. British GQ. Retrieved February 18, 2023, from https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/parasite-review 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...