Sunday, February 26, 2023

Similar to the "Jaws" opening??

    Jaws (Movie Poster) Homage Covers - Sidekick Comics: Comic ...


   I was talking to my mom about the idea and then it suddenly came to me! I suddenly remembered in class when we began discussing the project, my teacher showed us an example film opening and it was for the movie "Jaws." I played it for her and watching it again I realized the structure of it is basically what I was envisioning for my film. This said structure in a nutshell goes from introduction, to craziness as I like to call it, to calm. In the "Jaws" opening the introduction includes meeting 2 characters clearly very carefree, then the craziness comes when the girl is being pulled down to the water by an unknown source and the guy is unconscious, and the calm scene occurs right after as we see the ocean and the waves once again as if nothing had happened.  I will try to find some inspiration for my ending based on this opening which opened up my mind to so many ideas once again!


Link to the opening here :)

Link to movie poster


Sources: 

  • “Jaws (1975) - Chrissie's Last Swim Scene (1/10) | Movieclips.” YouTube, YouTube, 27 May 2011, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrEvK-tv5OI. 
  • Comicbookhomagec. “Jaws (Movie Poster) Homage Covers.” Sidekick Comics: Comic Book Homage & Parody Covers, 12 Dec. 2021, https://sidekickcomicgear.com/homage-covers/jaws-movie-poster-homage-covers/. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

    Honestly just give me my Oscar already. I deserve it. Just kidding blog! I want to thank you for allowing me to express my feelings sinc...